Monday, February 16, 2009

Scriptures that spoke to me today

We are taking a 12 Step Spiritual Journey class at church and it is a bit hard to look at all the yucky things in our lives. As I was doing my Esther Bible Study homework today I came across these scriptures and am going to apply them to my 12 Step Class as well. No, I don't have any "major" addictions but if we are honest, we all have "stuff" to deal with. This class is a great eye opener for me and lets God open the door to the places I haven't wanted to look. But it is ugly in those dark places and then I get discouraged thinking that I will never meet the mark. Which is true, I won't on my own but that is the best part of the story! The Holy Spirit will never leave me and this is proof to me today! These scriptures show God's grace and mercy even when I feel I don't deserve it.

Joel 2:13
He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. he lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Acts 3:19-20
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you - even Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. God bless you today. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear! Nice to see your blog! I should post Liam rug burn on my blog. Come to my blog sometime!
Carolina