Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SPRING - not yet!

So, being that is February 25th and a few of my little flowers are poking through the ground, I was hoping that spring was JUST around the corner. Did the groundhog see his shadow this year? I never pay attention since God does have it all under control - shadow or not! BUT I was sure that spring and the warm summer sun rays were close in coming.

That is until today! We now have 3 inches of snow on the ground! This morning it rained HARD and I continued thinking "Yep! It's spring!" Then there were the few RANDOM snowflakes, THEN it started snowing instead of raining but it wasn't sticking....YET! I took a bit of a nap - I know, I know, I know.....but I am still recovering from a weekend with 48 middle schoolers at a church retreat! SO.....when I woke up around 5ish I could see NO grass! We shall see if this lasts or is gone in the morning! Here is what it looked like outside our back door! It was snowing so hard I couldn't even see the hill behind our house!


I guess I shouldn't be surprised (whoever invented Global Warming is crazy!) at the snow since last spring one of the boys soccer games was cancelled due to snow and then it SNOWED again on the make-up game! I am thinking it is more Global Cooling in this part of the country but I am no scientist - just an observer of actual happenings!

No comments: