Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vacation Update

Here we are at the Grand Canyon - it took a bit of encouraging to get the boys to sit this close to the edge - there was another small ledge behind us but it was still kinda spooky!

Our trip to the Grand Canyon was better than expected - except for the multiple heart attacks I almost had when people were not using the common sense God gave them. If you have never been to the Grand Canyon all I can say is GO! It actually took my breath away when we got the first glimpse. BUT the trail is VERY, VERY close to the drop of the canyon side. There was a lookout that actually was built on the edge (I can't imagine cleaning the windows...it makes my knees shake just thinking about it). It was amazing to be able to look straight down and not be too nervous. The park has done a great job of making safe places to check out the views but people tended to make their own lookouts right next to signs that said something like: Stay on the trail. Death may occur when people fall. Duhhhhhhh!
Here are the boys by a model of all the layers of the canyon.
Check out the cool cave God formed for us! It was amazing!
Thankfully the boys were very cautious around the edges and stayed on the trail. So I didn't have to worry (too much).

We saw a cute little squirrel. Of course the signs say "Don't feed the animals" but how could you not feed this cute little guy????? (I can tell by his "fluffy" tummy that we aren't the only suckers out there!)

And guess what??? The boys just happened to have sunflower seeds in their backpack. It was so cute to watch him shell the seed, throw the shell away, eat the seed and then look up for more.



In Psalm 46:10 God says,"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

Well, let's just say I was speechless (which is quite a feat for me) and boy, did I know that God was exalted in the earth when I gazed at the Canyon. The picture above shows me God's power. It looks like He was just playing with the rocks and stacked them up like that for us to wonder - HOW IN THE WORLD DID THEY GET THERE?!

These pictures don't even do the Grand Canyon justice. If you want to check out a really cool book from a Creation view GRAND CANYON: a different view is a great find!

No comments: